Sunday 15 June 2014

ELCAF

Viv and I had a stall at ELCAF over the weekend.  It was my first comics festival.  I was staggered by the numbers who came along.  Ok, Chris Ware was there but even so!  With audiences like that it is hard to understand why comics have such a small percentage of overall book sales in this country...

I very much regretted not having the poster I had been working on ready in time.  I came very close!   Oh well, it is done now and I will have it for the next event, whatever that might be.


Thanks to the organisers and everyone who helped to make it such a good day.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful scary picture, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers! If the volcano doesn't get you, the mutant fish will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since this image appeared, I have been wanting to ask: the monsters are not having sex, but fighting right? Please excuse my stupid question. They looked fierce on their own, bun now that one sees lots of things in the water, except for their bodies, I think that makes one wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the importance of choosing the right web application development company. With so many options available in the market, it can be challenging to select the one that suits your business needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In addition to representation, black author childrens books also provide an opportunity for children to learn about social justice issues such as racism and inequality. Through these stories, children can develop empathy and understanding towards others who may have different experiences than their own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good traffic ticket attorney can provide valuable insight into the specifics of your case, such as whether or not the officer who issued the ticket followed proper procedures, or if there are any errors or inconsistencies in the citation itself.

    ReplyDelete